Hello, students! Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas break filled with lots of fun and relaxation. We want to make sure you don't forget everything you learned before the break. Here are some tips to help you stay on top of your game:
1. Organize your notes and course material. Start by going through all your class notes and handouts from before the holidays. Make sure you have everything in order and organized properly. This will make it easier for you to revise and refer back to these materials when needed.
2. Create a concept map for new vocabulary. When you learn new vocabulary, it's important to review and retain it. One effective way to do this is by creating a concept map. This visual representation will help you connect new words with related concepts and improve your understanding.
3. Make a note of the grammar you need to brush up on. Take some time to assess your grammar skills. Identify the areas that need improvement and make a note of them. Once you know what you need to work on, you can easily find online resources, textbooks, or ask your teacher for assistance in those specific areas.
4. Choose something to read. Reading is a great way to enhance your language skills and expand your knowledge. Ask your teacher for book recommendations or find something that interests you. It could be a novel, a magazine, or even a blog. Reading regularly will help you maintain your reading proficiency.
5. Watch some Christmas movies (in English!): Who doesn't love a good movie? Watching movies in English can improve your listening and comprehension skills. Take advantage of the holiday season to enjoy some classic Christmas movies in their original language.
6. Make a plan and distribute tasks evenly It's important to have a clear plan of action so that you can cover all the necessary topics without feeling overwhelmed. Divide your revision tasks into manageable chunks and assign specific dates to each task. Distribute your time and effort evenly across all subjects to maintain a balanced study routine.
7. Contribute to the school website/blog, forums, and groups. Sharing your knowledge and insights with others is a great way to reinforce what you have learned. Take the opportunity to contribute to our school website, blog, or join relevant forums and groups. Even short entries can make a difference and help you fix your understanding of the subject matter.
8. Research traditional Season's Greetings and write Christmas cards. Spread the holiday cheer and practise your writing skills at the same time! Research traditional season's greetings and write personalized Christmas cards to your neighbours. Not only will they appreciate the gesture, but this activity will also help you develop your writing skills and reinforce vocabulary and grammar.
Remember, consistency is key when it comes to retaining what you have learned. By following these tips and creating a solid study routine, you'll be able to go back to school with confidence and continue your learning journey seamlessly.